Monday, March 11, 2013

The Important Things In Life

I felt compelled to write this today, I was going to wait but I think I shall write as it comes.  There has been a question that I have asked myself, as of late, and the answer came to me as if someone spoke to my heart.  I knew I had to write about this while I was in the midst of a conversation with a coworker whose wife is experiencing a serious illness.  I have thought about this question more and more especially since dealing with the illness of my mother and that question is, “What is important in this life?” 

I think, what is important are all those things that do not have a price.  Those are the gifts that were given to you to aid you on this journey.  Just a few include, Love, Family, and a Sense of Belonging to a Whole.  I could go on but the other things on that list follow along those lines.  When I looked at prioritizing my life, I started thinking about the things that brought me peace and happiness.  None of them had a monetary value and none of them were dictated by a time clock.  When I acknowledged the things that truly mattered, I then thought about how I can bring more of those intangible things into my life.  Reaching out and helping others; bringing myself more in contact to deal with others; and just loving those people I come in contact with are ways of doing that.  I know my blogs tend to have a certain theme but I am speaking from a place that tells me I need to keep projecting this message even if it only gets through to one person or sounds redundant.

We don’t know when our time is up here but I know that if I could have moments before my time AND KNOW that THE time was here, then the things that are important will present themselves in clarity. But why wait until then?  I will ask myself, “Was I the best mom I could be; was I the best daughter; did I help everyone that I could; how did I treat those around me; was I a good person; did I cause anyone pain while I was here and if so, I hope they know I didn’t mean to; did I tell people that I loved them; and thank those who helped me.”   As I think, there are so many things I want to make sure I do and nothing has anything to do with my bank account, a time card or my superficial status in life.

On this earth, we do not see clearly—it’s as if looking through a darkly because we can’t see ourselves as we are, who we are or what we are.  When we pass, all questions will be answered and we shall see how we have touched and influence each being while we were here.  We are going to be such creatures of love—so different than we are now--that the slightest ill we have ever done shall hurt immensely and seem magnified and every act of love will bring us so much joy.  I know I love feeling joy so I shall start collecting “my feel goods” now (LOLOLOL) because in the end, we will be accountable for all we have done here one way or another.   

No comments:

Post a Comment